ADOPTED - OCTOBER 25, 2005
Agenda Item No. 8
Introduced by the County Services Committee of the:
INGHAM COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
RESOLUTION CONGRATULATING THE EMANUEL FIRST EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH OF LANSING ON THE EVENT OF THEIR 150TH ANNIVERSARY
WHEREAS, the Emanuel First Evangelical Lutheran Church of Lansing was formed by German settlers in 1855, meeting in the homes of its members; and
WHEREAS, the first church, located on Kilborn Street, was constructed in 1857, in 1884 this structure was enlarged and then replaced by the current church which is located at 1001 N. Capitol Avenue, Lansing; and
WHEREAS, in 1916, the church was dedicated and has undergone several additions, most recently in 1994 with the expansion of the Lutheran Day School; and
WHEREAS, the Pastors and congregation of the Emanuel First Evangelical Lutheran Church of Lansing strive to sustain the Lutheran traditions, values and the continuing heritage that began 150 years ago; and
WHEREAS, on November 13, 2005 the congregation of the Emanuel First Evangelical Lutheran Church of Lansing will observe their 150th Anniversary.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Ingham County Board of Commissioners hereby congratulates Reverend Timothy H. Buelow, Reverend Paul J. Lindloff and the congregation of the Emanuel First Evangelical Lutheran Church of Lansing on the event of their 150th Anniversary.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Board appreciates the many contributions they have made to the citizens of Ingham County and wishes them continued success.
COUNTY SERVICES: Yeas: Celentino, Copedge, De Leon, Severino, Vickers
Nays: None Absent: Schor Approved 10/18/05