SUBSTITUTE ADOPTED - DECEMBER 13, 2005
Agenda Item No. 15
INGHAM COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
RESOLUTION APPROVING CHANGES IN THE MANAGERIAL/CONFIDENTIAL PERSONNEL MANUAL AND APPROVING INCREASES FOR NON JUDICIAL COUNTY-WIDE ELECTED OFFICIALS
WHEREAS, the Managerial/Confidential/Elected Officials Steering Committee solicited input from managerial and confidential employees regarding benefit and salary changes to the Managerial/Confidential Personnel Manual; and
WHEREAS, after careful consideration, the Steering Committee made the following recommended changes.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the changes to the Managerial/Confidential Personnel Manual are as follows:
1) Increase life insurance for all covered employees, including non-judicial County-wide
elected officials to $50,000.
2) Increase retiree life insurance from the current $2,000 to $4,000.
3) Funeral Leave - add step-sister, step-brother, and grandchildren to section 4(A) immediate
4) FMLA - allow the unlimited use of sick leave accumulations for family members, with
Proper medical certification requiring the employee to be off work.
5) Add longevity for part-time and three-quarter time employees computed as a percentage of
the employee’s annual base salary on a pro-rata basis up to a maximum of $10,000 and
6) Provide salary increases as follows: 2.5% January 1, 2006, 2.5% January 1, 2007, and 3%
January 1, 2008.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the following Ingham County Elected Official; Prosecuting Attorney, Drain Commissioner, Register of Deeds, Sheriff, County Clerk, and Treasurer, shall be provided a 2.5% increase January 1, 2006, 2.5% January 1, 2007, and 3% January 1, 2008.
COUNTY SERVICES: Yeas: Celentino, Copedge, Schor, Severino, Vickers
Nays: None Absent: DeLeon Approved 12/6/05
Comm. Severino voted no on #6 and the last BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED clause
FINANCE: Yeas: Dedden, Swope, Hertel, Schor, Thomas, Dougan
Nays: None Absent: None Approved 12/7/05