On June 9, 1970, the Official Seal for Ingham County was adopted by the Board of Commissioners. The seal is circular with the words, "The Great Seal of Ingham County, Michigan", and the date "A.D. 1838" inscribed around the outside. The central part of the seal is divided into four parts. At the bottom is a mortar board which represents education, at the left are wheels and cogs, representing industry. The sixteen cogs on the side represent the townships in Ingham County. At the top is the State Capitol Dome, representing the State Seat of Government in Michigan. At the right is an ear of corn, representing agriculture.
The seal was designed and donated by then Commissioner Frederick L. Stackable.